#16/17 FLORIDA 3
For the Record
• Tennessee Captains: Art Evans, Daryl Vereen and Ja’Wuan James
• Tennessee is now 19-22 all-time against Florida, including a 5-11 mark in Gainesville
• The loss snaps Tennessee’s six-game regular-season winning streak and threegame SEC winning streak
• Florida won the coin toss and elected to receive. The Vols are now 1-2 in pregame coin flips this season.
• Tennessee’s all-time record is now 792-341-53 (.690)
Sophomore Marlon Walls made his 1rst career start, playing at RE.
Senior Art Evans also earned a start at RCB, his 1rst of the season and
1rst since 10/23/10 vs. Alabama.
• For Evans, it was his second
career start at Florida (9/19/09). The Vols have just three players on
their current roster that started in that contest. In addition to
Evans, Ben Martin and Marsalis Teague also started in 2009, with
Teague’s start coming at wide receiver.
Noting Tyler Bray
• Tyler Bray now has at least one TD pass in nine consecutive games, which is the longest current streak in the SEC.
• Bray continued to add to his Tennessee record with his ninth consecutive game with at least two touchdown passes.
Bray completed passes to a career-high tying nine dif erent receivers,
eight of which had at least one by the end of the1rst half. That is the
most receivers UT has completed a pass to in a single game this season.
• Bray’s interception on his i rst pass of the second half was his i rst in 84 passes this season.
• Today’s start marked the i rst for Bray outside of the state of Tennessee.
More Young Wideouts Emerging
sophomore wide receiver Justin Hunter leaving the game early in the
1rst quarter due to injury, the Vols had to turn to a number of new
targets and three different players each recorded their i rst career
• Freshman wideout D’Anthony Arnett stepped up in a big
way, leading Tennessee with a team-high eight catches for 59 yards.
1rst-year Vol Vincent Dallas and sophomore Matt Milton also recorded
their 1rst career catches, with grabs of six and 12 yards.
tight end Mychal Rivera recorded a career-high 71 yards receiving and
tallied his 1rst touchdown catch in the fourth quarter. His five
catches were one shy of his personal best set of six last Saturday vs.
Life in the Fast Lane
freshman running back Marlin Lane rushed for the fourth touchdown of
his young career. He has at least one touchdown in each of his 1rst
three collegaite contests.
Tennessee rushed for a season low -9 yards on 21 carries. Florida also
held Tennessee to -11 rushing in the 2006 meeting between the two
Coming Up Big
• Tennessee had eight tackles-for-loss today after recording a total of nine in the 1rst two games combined.
Freshman A.J. Johnson tied Austin Johnson for the team lead with seven
tackles, a career-high. He also recorded his 1rst career forced fumble
and fumble recovery.
• Willie Bohannon tallied his fourth career sack and 1rst of the season.
Jacques Smith continued to add to his team-leading TFL total for the
season with two more. He know has 4.5 for a loss of 17 yards this year
Second Quarter Stand
After allowing Florida 148 yards on 21 plays in the i rst quarter, the
Vols limited the Gators to just 13 yards on 14 plays in the second
Trey Burton’s one-yard touchdown run on fourth down in the third
quarter was the 1rst fourth-down conversion by a Tennessee opponent
this season. The Vols had stopped the 1rst three tries of the year.
Florida’s 83-yard pass completion to Chris Rainey in the third quarter
was the longest play allowed by Tennessee this season and the second
80+ yard reception (80 yards, Jordan Johnson to Jabin Sambrano,
Chris Rainey’s block of Michael Palardy’s punt in the second quarter
was the 1rst by a Tennessee opponent since 10/10/09 vs. Georgia (Zach
• Matt Darr launched a 52-yard punt in the third quarter. It stands as Tennessee’s longest punt of the year to date.