Mississippi State Over Troy 62-7
• Sophomore quarterback Dak Prescott scored on a 36-yard reception, 22-yard run and 11-yard run and also threw a 50-yard
TD pass. He has accounted for nine TDs in the last three weeks and has had a ground score in each of the last three games.
• Prescott became the first Bulldog to score three touchdowns in a game since last year’s contest against Troy, when Chad
Bumphis caught three TD passes.
• Prescott picked up 53 rushing yards, giving him 186 in the last two contests.
• Junior wide receiver Jameon Lewis caught two passes for 96 yards. So far this season, he has tallied 12 receptions for 248
yards, surpassing his 2012 totals of 10 catches and 108 receiving yards.
• After his 50-yard receiving touchdown in the second quarter, Lewis has scored a TD in three-straight weeks (31-yard reception/
Alcorn State; 14-yard run/Auburn).
• The 50-yard TD reception was the team’s longest passing touchdown of the campaign.
Lewis returned a kickoff 19 yards in the first quarter, pushing him
over 1,000 career kickoff return yards. He ended the night with
1,014 career kickoff return yards.
• Lewis threw the first touchdown pass of his career in the second quarter, hooking up with Prescott for a 36-yard score.
• Lewis has now thrown, rushed, caught and returned a kick for a touchdown in his career.
• Junior wide receiver Robert Johnson remained on a hot streak, catching three balls for 30 yards after hauling in four passes
for 84 yards at Auburn a week ago.
• This season, Johnson has caught 10 passes for 158 yards. Entering the campaign, he owned 21 career receptions for 206
• Junior tight end Brandon Hill hauled in a career-long 38-yard reception in the second quarter.
• Redshirt freshman Brandon Holloway caught a career-high three passes for 41 yards.
• Freshman running back Ashton Shumpert has rushed for 126 yards and two touchdowns in a pair of home games this year.
Junior cornerback Jamerson Love recorded his first interception of the
year and second of his career, returning it 70 yards for
a touchdown. The runback was tied for the 12th longest in program history.
Junior linebacker Matthew Wells registered his first sack of the
season, stopping Deon Anthony for a three-yard loss in the first
quarter and forcing a fumble on the play. Wells has two career sacks and two career forced fumbles.
• Junior defensive end Preston Smith recorded his first tackle for a loss of the campaign, dropping Eric Thomas for a six-yard
loss on the initial offensive play of the contest.
• After recording 10 tackles in the first two games, sophomore linebacker Bernardrick McKinney has recorded 14 during the last
two contests with a team-best nine against Auburn and a squad-high five versus Troy.
• McKinney returned a fumble 26 yards in the opening quarter. It was his second career fumble recovery, and the first returned
for yardage after falling on one in the home finale in 2012 against Arkansas.
• Redshirt freshman defensive end A.J. Jefferson recorded a half tackle for lost yardage. He has at least a half TFL in each of
the last three games.
• Redshirt freshman defensive tackle Nelson Adams tallied a personal-best two tackles.
• Sophomore kicker Devon Bell set a career high with seven points after touchdowns converted.
Preseason All-American left guard Gabe Jackson started his
43rd-consecutive game, which is tied for second in the FBS behind
Georgia’s Aaron Murray (44).
• Senior center Dylan Holley earned his first career start.