Kentucky 82, Marshall 54
Team Records and Series Notes
• Kentucky won its fourth-straight game and is 8-3 on the season and Marshall is 7-6.
• Kentucky leads the series 12-0, including 8-0 in Lexington.
o UK is now 68-13 all-time against teams from the current alignment of Conference USA.
• After the Christmas break, the Wildcats wrap up 2012 action Saturday at Louisville at 4 p.m. The game will
be televised on CBS.
• Kentucky started with the lineup of Ryan Harrow, Julius Mays, Archie Goodwin, Alex Poythress and
Nerlens Noel for the second-straight game.
• Trailing 20-18 at the 11:43 mark, Kentucky finished the half with a 15-4 run to take a 33-24 lead into
• The first half continues to tell the tale for the Wildcats. UK is 8-0 this season when leading at halftime, 0-3
when behind at intermission.
• Marshall made its first three shots, quickly cutting it to 33-31.
• The Wildcats rallied with a 26-5 run to make it 59-36.
• UK led comfortably the remainder of the way, leading by as many as 31 points.
• Kentucky held Marshall to 54 points. UK is 27-0 under Coach John Calipari when limiting opponents to 55
or fewer points.
• Marshall shot 29.6 percent from the field. Kentucky is 6-0 this season when holding the opponent under 40
• Kentucky won the rebounding, 48-43.
o UK won second-chance points 19-8.
o UK got at least 40 rebounds for the fifth-straight game.
Kentucky had a season-low nine turnovers.
UK was efficient in points off turnovers, turning 17 Marshall miscues into 26 points.
UK dominated points in the paint 52-20.
Ryan Harrow scored a career-high 23 points. His previous best was 20 points against South Carolina-
Upstate on Dec. 11, 2010, while playing for North Carolina State.
o It is also Harrow’s third-straight game to set a season best, following 8 and 12 points in the
previous two games.
o He added four rebounds (one short of his career high), four assists and tied a career high with
Nerlens Noel totaled 11 points and 10 rebounds, his first Wildcat double-double.
o Noel has at least six rebounds in every game this season.
Archie Goodwin scored 18 points.
o Goodwin has scored in double figures in every game but one this season.
o Coming into the game leading the team in free-throw attempts, Goodwin did a good job of getting
to the line today, making 10 of 11 charity tosses.
Alex Poythress had nine points and tied a season high with nine rebounds.